FAMILY HISTORY - GENEALOGY - NOVELS - NON FICTION WORKS - DIARIES
Cover Layout - Graphics - and More
These pages are intended to help you to get your work into a published form, whether it be electronic or print format. If you wish to 'do-it-yourself,' the following should help you. If you need help, we will be happy to provide it for what we consider a reasonable fee. If you have questions, need advice on a project, or have a suggestion, please feel free to contact us.
A few of our previous projects, for reference, include:
- Brand New - The Miracles of Benjamin - by Ben Tidwell and Shari Gaston (PRINT)
- Three Years in The Army - by George H Coffin (WEB/HTML)
- The Diary of Walter S. Gilman, Company D, First Maine Heavy Artillery (WEB & PDF)
- Pictou - Celtic Music CD production, cover, inserts, graphics, and webpages
- Dae You See Yon High Hills - Music, Scenes and Stories of Scotland - Audio/Visual DVD creation, production, cover, inserts, and graphics
Perhaps we can help you !!
DOING IT YOURSELF - This one is pretty simple to answer. We recommend that you use Adobe Acrobat format. In addition to the existing add-in's for most word processors, there are many products available on the Internet that will help you to finalize an eBook in this format. Just Google 'Adobe' for lots of links!
CONTACT US !
DOING IT YOURSELF - If you are comfortable with adjusting word processing formats and working on-line with documents, etc. - and if you are interested in creating a conventional printed book - then you can probably deal with InstantPublisher
directly (See link below). The only thing we ask is that you sign up for your account immediately
after using the link below - that way we get credit (and a small stipend of course.) If, after you sign up, you find that you don't wish to do the formatting yourself, or need graphics help, let us know - we will be happy to help.
is a really great online printing company. Their work is very high quality they are responsive to customers and fast in production and shipping. They are also very, very reasonable in cost for short run printing - even in runs as small as 25 copies! We highly recommend them.
LET US HELP - If you really want to wind up with a printed book but need help getting it done, we can help to make it happen. The steps that need to be taken are as follows:
CONTACT US !
- First, contact us with the CONTACT link below. The form is self explanatory
- Send us your material(s), preferably via an email attachment
- We will work with you to format your book the way you want it to be
- When we notify you that all is ready, open an account in your name with InstantPublisher (Link Below). This will be your account for the final ordering of the books and for all reorders
- We will move your properly formatted materials onto your InstantPublisher account for your final review and ordering
- Tell the folks at InstantPublisher how many copies you wish to order, and process payment. Easy!!
Other Services - Odds and Ends
We can offer assistance with cover graphics for both print and electronic usage on a full project or single case basis. Just let us know what is needed and we will provide a quotation for the work. The same is true for CD/DVD covers and CD/DVD inserts.
In producing our own publications, we have acquired the ability to provide ISBN's and associated barcodes. If you need the barcode graphics in either label or image formats, we can produce them for you. We can also provide the actual ISBN for you - However, if you want a different publishing company as the official publisher of record, you will have to obtain an ISBN in your company name from R.R. Bowker
. See our Fees section for more information.
From time to time we receive requests for help with the conversion of old documents, diaries, etc., to a current format so that the material might be shared or published. We have provided scanning and OCR services, transcription and typing, reformatting of data from older word processors, etc. Each project is generally unique in the service and technology needed. Most are interesting, to say the least. If you need help, please ask. If we cannot help, I would bet we can find someone who can and will!
CONTACT US !
What about Cost ??
Our fees are based on a rate of $30.00 per hour. While this is not chiseled in stone, it is the basis for most of our quotations. We understand that you do not want to start a project in an open ended fashion, so we will provide you with a quotation for the expected work and also explain what factors might cause that amount to increase or decrease. For instance, scanning, OCR, and typing/transcriptions may be the most difficult to estimate due to the fact that we cannot 'see' the original documents.
There are a few services that carry a flat rate as follows:
CONTACT US !
- ISBN Graphics - $10.00 (plus stock if stickers are needed)
- ISBN assignment - $75.00 (includes barcode graphics)
- Helpful Advice - Free